Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Freaking out!

I had my first (and I'm sure not my last) freak out today. Totalled up the budget, we were a measly $90k over budget! CRAP! So after I crashed around the house for 1o minutes and yelled at the kids for things that they didn't really do wrong, Bikeman volunteered to put the kids to bed so we could look at it properly. After much discussion and a box of chocolate it was all sorted. Well we had to cut down on some things but now at least we can afford to start. Oh my god. Not a good way to end the year!!!!! My heart be still, please! My New Years resolution is to take it all on the chin. All of it! And to settle for Bunnings toilets. Do you know you can buy ones that have a 'soft close' lid?? Only costs and extra $500 or so... not that much really, is it???

3 comments:

  1. Nooooo, not the soft close lid toilets! We talked about those already :) At the end of the day, toilets can be changed later if you really *need* a soft closing one. I mean, really, they are all just for catching poo, aren't they?

    If you need help shopping around for bargains, let me know!

    And if you get stressed, I'm always here for you to talk to, you can even yell at me and I'll just give you a hug, a load of chocolate, a cuppa and it will all work out in the end.

    Love you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, yes we did... believe me if it was only the toilets we had to compromise on it wouldn't be a problem! I don't want the soft close ones, really. :) We'll get there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and thanks for your support, chocolate and a cuppa can fix just about anything! And good friends, of course...

    ReplyDelete