Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yipeeeee I'm excited!!!!

We had the retaining wall bricks delivered the other day, so they are ready for some handy people to put up in the relevant place which all going to plan (and that means the extra excavation works, the big boulder retaining wall at the rear and the concrete all has to happen - in that order - and in a timely fashion!) then it should be up and waiting for the really exciting part to happen.... the slab. I don't know why, but I'm excited about the slab. And no, not a slab of beer, although I have been known to get excited over a slab of beer, especially on beer and pizza night (Friday nights at the William St flat...Bish, back me up here!). But I digress. For some reason 'the slab' marks for me the beginning. The start of something tangible that begins to resemble the house. I can see it, walk on it and our family can press our hand prints into the concrete while it is still wet. We can pretend to be in our own rooms or to walk outside to the alfresco area. That's it - I can SEE it! Can't wait, can't happen soon enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment