Friday, October 2, 2009

Splashback - HELP!

I need help - with the splashback, and the wall for that matter. I'm stuck on how to treat the wall to the left in the picture, with the underbench cabinets and the rangehood. Before you laugh at my horrendous Photoshop effort please bear in mind I am a visual person and need to SEE things to be able to get me through decision making! Bikeman says I'm thinking too much about it, just to paint the wall in one of the feature wall colours I've picked our (say a dark brown), pop the splashback over the top and there you go... but I'm not sure! Please tell me what you think...... Existing colours: Underbench cabinets: Laminex 'Mocha' (dark choc brown) Overhead cabinets: Laminex 'Angora' (lighter mid brown colour) Benchtop: Caesar Stone 'Ice Snow' (white with brown flecks through it) Walls: Dulux 'Buff It' (light brown 'latte' type colour)

5 comments:

  1. i;m not sure the way for you to go, because I don't your taste. My suggestion is to find a kitchen that you love which is very similar to what you already have and do what they did - then you know you will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. g'day melly, did you decide on the floors!!! nice to see everything coming along nicely!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Annie, I've been scouring magazines to look for something similar then I remembered we had clipped a magazine picture with exactly the colours we'd gone with. Although the picture had overhead cupboards they had an off-white coloured splashback ... that's not an option here but it has made me think about the look of the kitchen again... so thanks! We decided to go with the Kempas, the slightly more reddish one. Hopefully won't be too red in the flesh ... $$ won out in the end, we're at the pointy end of the build where we have to rein in the purse strings and we probably won't care so much about what sort of timber floors we have in 6 months time, we'll just be glad we were able to get them at all. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could leave you kitchen as per your photo and just use a BBQ outside..... that will save even more $$$$.

    You could even send the kitchen back and not get it installed... full of good ideas I am.

    The Friendly Prussian

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mr Prussian (hehe) you're full of wonderful money saving ideas! Found the perfect BBQ - only $3100 but i'm sure it cooks much better than the $150 special we have sitting out the back at the moment. No? Totally misunderstood the concept? Sorry. I'm trying!

    ReplyDelete