Monday, July 20, 2009

The house made of bricks

It's done! We have bricks :) ... and they look great. The brickies finished last Thursday and we are really happy with the result. The front of the house ... from left to right, garage opening, front door and 2 front windows.
View from standing at the alfresco, looking back towards the street. The window is the main dining room window to the side.
Standing at the front of the block, looking back towards the dining room. Sliding door to rumpus on left.
The kids and cousins playing in the 'pool'! Gumboots are a wonderful invention... Looking at the study and Blue's windows.
Looking at the alfresco area and sliding door to the living room. I don't think I've ever taken so much notice of window sills in my life!
Next... Chippy 'Beam me up' and Bikeman will be squaring up the frame on Friday (well actually BMU will be and Bikeman will be installing the sliding door furniture) for all the sliding doors in the place. Bank should be out sometime this week to do the lockup valuation, we spent the weekend nailing up masonry board on the front door (so our beautiful front door doesn't get damaged or pinched) - thanks to Bikemans new toy (the golden nail gun ... is it really gold plated??).
Completed .... We installed the laundry door which looks fabulous. Garage entry door painted up and ready to be screwed on. (Pictures to follow later). Had to plane the laundry door a little as it didn't quite fit, borrowed Pop's electric planer wooo hoooo if I was a carpenter I'd want me one of those babies. Did a great job of planing it without looking like a hack job - very professional. I can tell you I was pleased that we ran out of time to stain the door before installing it - that would have been a waste as we needed to plane it! Also the electrician was in last week doing the roughing in. They got up to 1.4km of electrical wire then stopped counting (but kept installing). Geeeeeez! Yes we know everyone, it's a bloody big house!!
Stay tuned for 'Days of the House' for more stories..... real live reality blogging!
Oh and please.... if anyone would like to become a follower of my blog please do so. There's a little section over to the right. I added this 'gadget' the other day and I'm feeling a little unloved as it looks like we don't have any friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment