Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Good day for ducks!

Well today is the day - the final slab pour. I had my doubts as to whether it would go ahead today, what with us all receiving text messages from Victoria Police warning of 'extreme conditions' predicted for today - 100km hr winds, 34 degrees and a worry that fires could flare up, and then when we woke up today pouring rain!!! It's actually quite cold, for the moment anyway - 15 degrees right now. But they're still running the terrible conditions line. Pink one's kinder has been cancelled today because of it! So this morning when I heard the rain, I thought for sure it was all off. Only Pete rang at 8am to tell me it's all systems go on the block - there's about 9 guys there and they were already up to the second truck load. So we should have a completed slab by the middle of the day! I tell you what, these guys work hard - you wouldn't see me getting up at some ungodly hour to be pouring a slab!! Photos to come later once complete :)

No comments:

Post a Comment