Monday, April 20, 2009

And then there were 'sticks'

I had a funny discussion with the blue one yesterday. I was explaining that the frame would be delivered tomorrow (Tuesday) - **as an aside, it is actually being delivered today !yay!** and he was very excited about being able to walk into his room and have a look. Do you know how hard it is to explain to a 6 year old what plaster is? And what it will look like when it isn't there? Me: "Well yes the frame will be up, part of the walls, but there won't actually be a wall" Blue: "I thought you said the walls were being delivered" Me: "Yes well they are but you'll be able to see through the walls as there won't be any plaster yet" Blue: "What's plaster" Me: "Well it's these boards that go on after the frame has gone up and all the electrical and plumbing .... (now I'm confusing myself) Blue: "So I'll be able to see through the walls like a super hero" Me: "Yes well kind of." Blue: "Oh, I understand now. I'll only be able to see the sticks. The rest I will be able to see through" Me: "Yes! (thank god for 6 year old logic) So we have sticks. Bikeman has headed up to the block right now to welcome the delivery of the frame, now all we need is for the chippy to arrive tomorrow and we'll be set. How exciting! Oh and we also have termite protection. Not so exciting (and also the invoice was more expensive than quoted - grrr - waiting for a call back with an explanation) but gives a lovely orange border around the edge of the slab. I will post photos soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment