Tuesday, November 4, 2008

A new career...

I became a honorary engineer for a couple of hours on Saturday. Well, a surveyor anyway. Well actually I held what they call the 'dumb end' of the surveying equipment (the stick with the prism on top with a bubble to let you know if it is up straight). And really the Friendly Prussian did it the week before with Bikeman so it was just a few little changes. But I helped! I wasn't going to let that little bubble (like a level) get the better of me - I was concentrating so hard that I didn't see or hear Bikeman fall down the front slope and graze his knee - he got up after much moaning and groaning he got up and there was I, staring at the bubble ... in a trance. The stick was straight! And I hadn't heard a thing. We visited our lovely friends the Sandhurst Crew over the last couple of days. They have an absolutely beautiful house, built by Carlisle Homes. They couldn't speak more highly of them and had a wonderful experience with the build of their house, which has turned out to be absolutely fantastic. Makes me want to be in our house, and now! Patience is not one of my virtues... but I'm trying. And why didn't Zipping win! Hmmph that's why I normally don't bet, can't stand it if I don't win!

1 comment:

  1. That pesky little bubble.... don't let it beat you!!!

    Looking forward to stepping across the threshold of bikeman.. mannor... shall be a momentous occassion.

    The Friendly Prussian

    ReplyDelete